Dietitians, Nutritionists, Nurses who hold the title of Competent Professional Authority (CPA) in the Illinois WIC Program.
09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
To provide the most current information to new Competent Professional Authority (CPA) working in the Illinois WIC program on the fundamentals of nutrition counseling skills and techniques
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the WIC Program policy and procedure requirements for the use of participant centered counseling skills.
- Demonstrate ways to provide education using participant centered counseling techniques.
By registering for this training, I certify I have completed and agree to the following:
- CPA Orientation Checklist, all items apart from Illinois WIC State Trainings
- WIC clinic experience as a CPA, for a minimum of 90 days
- Access to equipment and a training environment conducive to remote-based (online) training
- Computer with stable internet connection, camera, microphone, speaker/audio output (or headphones if within open work area) and a quiet space to focus on training and avoid interruption while attending the training
- Completed the ‘Circle Chart SSM’ as part of orientation checklist; reviewed SSM with supervisor and familiar with the Illinois WIC category specific Circle Charts and use of this resource as a CPA
- Attendance for the entirety of the training and participation throughout this training are required to receive a certificate of completion and continuing education credit. Trainees may be asked to participate by speaking, utilizing the chat function, submitting activities, or other modes of interaction.
- Please note: If fewer than 5 trainees register for this training, it may be canceled and registrants will need to register for the next available date.
Registration for this training closes one week prior to the scheduled training date.
Melissa Banz, MS, RD, LDN, CLC; Jaclyn Castellanet, MS, RD, LDN,CLC; Ginny Belt, BS, RD, LDN, CLC; Jessica Gadomski, MS, RDN, LDN, CLC; Constance Herriott, MS, RDN, LDN, CLC; Emily Mansfield, MS, RD, LD; Jennifer Nance, MS, RDN, LDN, CLS; Shirley Smith, MS, RD LDN; Elizabeth Verzo, MS, RDN FAND, CLS
Aug 08, 2023 - Virtual
Oct 05, 2023 - Virtual
Dec 07, 2023 - Virtual
Feb 08, 2024 - Virtual
Apr 24, 2024 - Virtual
Jun 12, 2024 - Virtual