This course is specifically designed for new local agency staff working in a management capacity within the WIC Program.
09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Provide guidance on the responsibilities of a WIC Coordinator, to ensure compliance with WIC program policies and federal regulations at the local agency level.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the WIC program polices and USDA Federal Regulations, working in the role as a WIC Coordinator.
- Apply WIC Coordinator responsibilities and activities per state policies.
By registering for this training, I certify I have completed and agree to the following:
- This training is offered in 3 consecutive weekly sessions, each lasting 3 hours, in additional to independent activities assigned between sessions
- Contacted RNC regarding suggested timeline for completion of training; 3-4 months in the WIC Coordinator role is typically recommended prior to attending this training.
- New WIC Coordinator Orientation Checklist – all items apart from New WIC Coordinator Training Days 1, 2 and 3 (this training currently being registered for). This includes completed orientation checklists for Frontline, CPA, (and BFPC if applicable). Orientation checklists are to be completed within six (6) months of starting the WIC Coordinator role.
- Access to equipment and a training environment conducive to remote-based (online) training
- Computer with stable internet connection, camera, microphone, speaker/audio output (or headphones if within open work area) and a quiet space to focus on training and avoid interruption while attending the training
- Completed the ‘New WIC Coordinator Responsibilities SSM’ as part of orientation checklist and familiar with WIC policy and related resources
- Attendance for the entirety of the training and participation throughout this training are required to receive a certificate of completion and continuing education credit. Trainees may be asked to participate by speaking, utilizing the chat function, submitting activities, or other modes of interaction.
- Please note: If fewer than 5 trainees register for this training, it may be canceled and registrants will need to register for the next available date.
Registration for this training closes one week prior to the scheduled training date.
September 2023: TBD
February 2024: February 7, February 14, February 21
May 2024: May 8, May 15, May 22
PT - WIC
RNs - 10
Melissa Banz, MS, RD, LDN, CLC; Jaclyn Castellanet, MS, RD, LDN,CLC; Ginny Belt, BS, RD, LDN, CLC; Jessica Gadomski, MS, RDN, LDN, CLC; Constance Herriott, MS, RDN, LDN, CLC; Emily Mansfield, MS, RD, LD; Jennifer Nance, MS, RDN, LDN, CLS; Shirley Smith, MS, RD LDN; Elizabeth Verzo, MS, RDN FAND, CLS
Sep 06, 2023 - Sep 20, 2023 - Virtual
Feb 07, 2024 - Feb 21, 2024 - Virtual
May 08, 2024 - May 22, 2024 - Virtual